We are looking for an Android developer to improve our small agile product team. You will be an integral part of building projects and products at Florence, and will be working closely together with designers and other developers on a daily basis.
EXPECTATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a developer we expect you to be comfortable with the entire spectrum of development, from backend to frontend
- You would be working in a cross-functional and varied role covering everything from defining scopes to solving product problems together with your team
- You'd be working closely with your teammates to ensure all projects are defined correctly and running smoothly
- Android enthusiast with the ability to compromise and try new tools if needed
- You know how to make a difference to the product you're working on
- Experience (or preference) working in small agile teams
- Ability to work autonomously
- Naturally collaborative and self-motivated
- Experience with design handoffs and working closely with designers
- You've got an eye for detail and will fight for your users
HOW WE WORK
At Florence the product team is split into two groups: shapers and builders. You would be part of the builder group. Builders are developers and designers that are assigned project briefs to complete in six-week cycles (in which four weeks are the actual build sprints).
Project briefs are very high level and mostly cover things like how much time the project is allowed to take, what not to do, possible rabbit holes to avoid, and it also includes some high level breadboards and rough sketches for clarification.
Project briefs do not include technical instructions, wireframes or anything else that detracts from your creativity or domain knowledge. You are expected to operate within the boundaries of a project brief with full creative control.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Most of your days would be spent working closely with your team to build scopes, work on tasks and figure out product solutions based on the project briefs. We use Zeplin for design asset handovers and Basecamp for project management, but outside of those platforms you can use whatever tools you want to get the job done.
Florence is a user-first and data-driven tech startup. Our user base presents unique challenges and the product team is structured in a way that respects the skills of the talented people working here.
- Not just another cog in the machine
- Competitive salary (£40,000-£80,000, depending on seniority level)
- Personal educational budget
- Flexible work hours
Our baseline is to trust you. You need a few days off to decompress? Go for it. You work best between 1pm-6pm? Those are now your office hours. Not getting much done in the office? Stay home. As long as your work is delivered on time and to a high standard, no one cares how it's done. Consider your teammates and make sure we're getting the best version of you, and you'll fit right in.