Business Intelligence Analyst
At Florence we all have a definitive mission - To help people get the care they deserve! A people-centric tech company based in the heart of London's thriving tech community, Florence is redefining how nurses and employers interact. Our online platform helps healthcare institutions find and book temporary staff without the need for expensive recruitment agencies.
We are a growing team of 33, founded and led by a former doctor-turned-entrepreneur. This is a really exciting time to join Florence and be part of a team that is filled with collaborative, passionate and driven people.
We are looking for our first data hire to help take Florence to the next level of success! This will be a key hire for the business, working closely with the leadership team to drive operational behaviour and strategic decisions. This is a role where you will be expected to contribute immediately, which is why we expect that you will be able to work:
- As an analytics engineer fluent in SQL, data modeling techniques and frameworks such as dbt, analytics use-cases and KPIs for SaaS and marketplace software startups (& perhaps Python or R)
- As a traditional analyst who understands data visualisation techniques & modern SaaS-based analytics tools e.g. Looker, Mode, Google Data Studio, excels at reporting & delivering insightful dashboards, and is proficient at deep-dive strategic analysis
We are looking for a data analyst with 2 years+ relevant experience to champion the development of data-driven decision making at Florence. As Florence's first full time hire data analyst hire, this is a great opportunity to drive the direction of the business and make a tangible impact to what we do.
You will work with every aspect of the business, frequently interacting with engineering, product, marketing, customer acquisition, customer success and finance departments. You will be required to understand everyone's needs, prioritise requests and define the data and analytics road map.
You will be expected to build and maintain our data infrastructure (today we use Looker as our BI tool). You will be empowered to define your own requirements going forward.
You will be autonomous in finding questions that can be answered within the business, defining and communicating business key performance indicators (KPIs) and our data analytics strategy and proactive in searching for actionable insights to drive growth.
You will be evangelical in encouraging the uptake of data-driven decision making across the organisation.
The perfect candidate should also be:
- Consistently curious
- Prepared to own projects from start-to-finish
- Business savvy and with knowledge of the SaaS / marketplace domain
- Have a solid grounding in statistical analysis and modern analytics development processes
- Constantly learning
- A great communicator
- 25 days holiday
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Regular company and social outings
- Finish early Fridays
- Brand new MacBook supplied when joining
- Brand new We Work offices along with access to all perks
- Opportunity to contribute to growth to an early stage startup
- Fun, friendly and collaborative startup office environment
- Access to Perkbox