As part of restructuring our product team, we are looking for a Product Manager with very strong problem solving and communication skills. You will be working closely with our Head of User Experience and engineering team to define and scope projects for upcoming sprint cycles by championing business requirements.
Expectations & Responsibilities
- At its core, your primary responsibility would be to identify problems and turn them into solutions
- You would be writing briefs that are easily digested and explanatory enough for stakeholders to use as basis for selection, and for developers/designers to use as foundation for their work
- You would create breadboards and rough sketches to convey high-level solutions without too much detail
- You would be an integral part of strategy meetings and have a say in what projects to work on for the upcoming sprint cycles
- Expert knowledge of high level product design principles and best practices
- Excellent communicator, especially in writing (this is absolutely essential)
- User-first and data-driven mindset is key
- Enough technical ability to understand basic tech limitations
- Ability to work both autonomously and in small team.
How We Work
At Florence the product team works to two week sprints and splits up into 2-3 person multi-disciplinary pods to complete project briefs.
Project briefs are very high level and mostly cover things like how much time the project is allowed to take, what not to do, possible rabbit holes to avoid, and it also includes some high level breadboards and rough sketches for clarification.
Project briefs do not include technical instructions, wireframes or anything else that detracts from your creativity or domain knowledge. You are expected to operate within the boundaries of a project brief with full creative control.
What to expect
To give you some real-world examples of what life is like at Florence, here are some projects we have worked on lately:
- Built a regional dashboard for our internal operations team so they get more insight into the specific regions they operate in
- Completed an MVP for a standalone project that helps nurses complete their mandatory training to alleviate the biggest painpoint in our onboarding (uploading training documents)
- Built a whole new onboarding flow from scratch to provide a world class experience for our users without compromising on regulatory requirements
- Spun off our codebase to allow franchise customers to set up their own instance of Florence in regions we aren't operating in
Florence is a user-first and data-driven tech startup. Our user base presents unique challenges and the product team is structured in a way that respects the skills of the talented people working here.
- Not just another cog in the machine
- Competitive salary (£60,000-£80,000, depending on seniority level)
- Personal educational budget
- Flexible work hours
Why should you join Florence?
We have an amazing work/life balance with flexible hours and the ability to work from home if needed. You’ll get a brand new laptop, a competitive salary and all the benefits of working at a super central WeWork building (free coffee, events, and so on). Our small product team is agile and highly skilled - we’re all very good at what we’re doing, and we trust each others’ opinions in our respective fields.